Ask us and we will answer!
- Are you licensed? We are legit! State and City Licensed ! Including the State of Washington, the city of Redmond, and the City of Seattle.
- Are you a nonprofit? No. Originally, we were set up internally and already doing work to be a nonprofit; but after sitting down with attorneys, we had to make the decision to go LLC or nonprofit officially. Due to the nature of dealing with artists and artwork, the legalities associated with artwork + nonprofits means that in order to do and help who we want to, we need to be private. For example, in our type of model, according to the attorney, if we went nonprofit, the artwork would be owned by the government and we were not OK with that. We felt that would not be OK for us or our Artists. But that’s cool, because now we can focus on maximizing our efforts on helping out as many people as we want to freely – from vetted nonprofits doing outstanding work, to Artists, to the houseless, etc. etc. etc.
- Are there any restrictions such as gender to become an online Featured Artist? All are welcome to submit their work regardless of gender, race, disability, orientation, religion, sect, parental status, marital status, or creed. As the purpose of the Featured Artist tool is to help promote the work of Professional Artists, as in any application, we have certain guidelines. Pleases review them here: Featured Artist Submission Form
- Is this a Buddhist organization? NO. We are not affiliated with any religion. We are open to anyone from all walks of life and Faiths! All are welcome. All are accepted. Zero proselytizing and 100% tolerance.
Paint Seattle ~ A Night of Art FAQ
- Do I have to sell tickets to exhibit at your Events like “Paint Seattle ~ A Night of Art? No. We manage events, market, and sell tickets so that our artists can concentrate on what they do best – sell or exhibit their art!
- What floor is the loading dock area for the artists? The loading dock is on the 1st floor and can be accessed from the alley behind the building, the same way you’d access the public parking garage.
- Is this an all-age event. Yes. However, cash bar is for ages 21 + (and you will be IDed), Rock climbing is for ages under 21. Minors under 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Will there be food? Yes. Enjoy the Collectives amazing light Hors D’Oeuvres and Displayed Appetizers, some will be tray passed items – others displayed. There will be cold and hot items. (While supplies last)
- What is the Artist deadline to submit your work? Deadline is Jan 5th 2019.
- Is this an Autism Friendly Event? Yes! We are proud to offer an event that is Autism and Sensory friendly! This means, + No strobe or flashing lights, private rooms, multiple floors with varying activities if music is not your cup of tea + Ear plugs provided free of charge + No noise makers or clappers handed out at the event + Understanding, trained staff.